The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Product Team has released an interactive roadmap to provide deeper insight to the future of the development of the product. The roadmap is segmented into product areas for Dynamics Marketing, Microsoft Social Engagement, Dynamics CRM On-Premise and Online. Each product area has sub categories to provide additional detail within its respective roadmap. For example, in the screenshot below, Dynamics CRM Online is the product area, with sub categories of Sales, Service, Social, Mobile, Intelligence, and App Platform.
Items within each of these sub categories are segmented by Release Stage as follows:
- What’s New
- Items recently completed and released within the product, such as CRM App for Outlook for Dynamics CRM Online
- In Preview
- Items which are available within the product, but under a public preview term and not fully supported by Microsoft as a result, such as Cortana Integration for Dynamics CRM Online
- In Development
- Items currently underway which will either move next to “In Preview” or “What’s New”
- Items which were previously planned for development, but were postponed and possibly no longer to be developed by the product team.
- Previously Released
- Summary of items completed within the roadmap, such as Embedded OneNote for Dynamics CRM Online
It is my hope that this will provide greater insight to customers and partners alike for the future of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform. Download the Release Preview Guide to review all of the details of the most recent release.